Today, I share a gourmet yet light recipe: a "triple chocolate" cake flavored with cinnamon!
At the tasting, I was surprisingly surprised at the lightness of this cake. Usually, a chocolate cake recipe, topped with cream and ganache can be scary; although very greedy, I often stay away from these kinds of recipes, as they are often far too rich. On the contrary, this recipe does not weigh on the stomach while remaining delicious!
In addition, I discovered two uses of soy products that I did not know very well. The taste of soy, whether for silky tofu or cream, is not at all present, but the textures are excellent, similar to what you could buy in pastry. (Without wanting to brag too much hihi)
Recipe for my triple chocolate cake:
for chocolate cream:
– 100g pastry chocolate
– 200g silky tofu
for the chocolate cake:
– 250g T65 wheat flour
– 1 packet of baking powder
– 1 tsp. c. cinnamon powder
– 45g cocoa powder
– 6 eggs
– 100ml liquid soy cream
– 150g whole sugar
– 200ml milk
for the chocolate ganache:
– 120 pastry chocolate
– 60ml soy cream
Roll of the recipe:
- For the chocolate cream, melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Mix it with the silky tofu until you get a homogeneous cream. Set aside in the fridge.
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 180oC. Combine flour, yeast, cinnamon, and cocoa. Separate the yolks and whites from the eggs. Mix the yolks vigorously with the sugar and soy cream. Add the flour-cacao mixture and milk, mixing well from time to time. Beat the whites in snow with a pinch of salt. Mix them gently with the rest of the dough. Butter a pan, then bake the cake for about 50 minutes.
- Once cooked and unmoulded, allow the cake to cool for a few minutes. Cut the cake in half in the dropr and spread the chocolate cream before closing the cake.
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate with the soy cream. Spread on the cake, then refrigerate before serving.
This cake keeps very well a few days in the fridge, but be careful not to bake it too long, because otherwise it can become too dry. If in stage 3 it is a little too dry, feel free to moisten it with a little tea or herbal tea.
You can also add fruit to the chocolate cream or spices, or any other ingredients that inspire you!
I hope you like this recipe,