Today, I propose a recipe for gourmet cake to wish, while remaining light. What I like about this recipe is that it avoids the glut of sugar that you can imagine when you see a cake with cream and icing.
Blueberries bring a pretty delicate color, much like a watercolor. The filling is light and softly tangy thanks to the lemon.
To incorporate the egg whites evenly and without breaking them, the best way to vigorously whip one-third of the snow whites into the machine, then gently mix the remaining two-thirds with a spatula with the following gesture: a spatula around the mat, two strokes of spatula across it; repeat until smooth.
Recipe of my chocolate cake, mascarpone and blueberries:
Ingredients for chocolate cake:
– 200g pastry chocolate
– 200g butter (or margarine or coconut oil)
– 6 eggs
– 200g sugar
– 150g flour
– 1 packet of baking powder
Ingredients for mascarpone filling:
– 250g mascarpone
– 3 c. to S. honey
– 3 blueberries
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Ingredients for blueberry caramel:
– 4c. to S. honey
– 2 c. to S. sugar
– 6 blueberries
Roll of the recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Separate the whites from the egg yolks. Blanch the yolks and sugar, sift then add the flour and yeast, then the butter-chocolate mixture. Mix well between each. Turn the whites into snow and gently add them to the dough.
- Butter a pan and bake the cake for about 40 minutes. While cooking, prepare the filling with mascarpone.
- Crush the blueberries coarsely and heat them with the honey for a few minutes. When the honey starts to boil, filter to remove the skin from the blueberries and whisk the honey with the mascarpone. Add lemon juice and mix again until smooth. Set aside in the fridge.
- Once cooked, unmould the cake and let it cool for a few minutes. Cut the cake in half in the direction of thickness. Spread half of the mascarpone cream inside the cake, then close it. Spread the rest of the cream over the top and sides of the cake.
- For the blueberry caramel, crush the blueberries and heat them with the honey and sugar. Allow the mixture to boil for a few minutes, then filter to remove the skins from the blueberries and spread on the top and sides of the cake with a brush.
- Leave to take a few hours in the fridge, then serve!
I hope this recipe will delight and inspire you. See you again!